This is a closed event.
2022 theme: What can we learn from the past to change the future?
Now in its 19th year, the ASMS International Science Fair (ISF) brings together the best of science, challenge based learning, learner agency and peer to peer learning. Hosting participants from around the world, Australia and our state, it is a truly international event that provides all who participate with the opportunity to learn and celebrate their differences whether they join face to face or online.
As the world has worked together to find solutions to reduce the impact of COVID-19 over the past two years, everyone has a new appreciation of the importance of paying close attention to the past and present so that we can design our preferred future.
This hasn’t been without its challenges and the benefits for all haven’t yet been universal as different countries have had different experiences because of their wealth or social capital. Overwhelmingly, however, the pandemic has shown us that we can learn and solve challenges creatively together whether that be face-to-face or online. Not only that, we can build friendships with people who are gathered around the world in the same forum with the same motivation to make the world a better place.
The International Science Fair Teacher Conference runs concurrently with the student-led International Science Fair and is an opportunity for teachers to develop their own professional learning around the themes of science, challenge based learning, and learner agency.
The teacher conference has three strands; Listen & Learn, Explore & Do and Engage & Connect. All strands and sessions run every day of the ISF week.
Listen and Learn (100 mins)
- Pedagogy in the field – Challenge Based Learning (online and face to face options)
- Action Based research – how to get started and how to collect meaningful data (online and face to face options)
Explore and Do (100 mins)
- Collaborate with an ASMS teacher in running a CBL session with students
- Co-design and run your own CBL session with instant student feedback
Engage and Connect (100 mins)
- Reflective round table and panel discussion on daily topics (online and face to face options)
- Collaborative planning time to develop own Action Research