Join our Educator Open Day for a half or full day Professional Learning program, featuring workshops on:
Alternative University Entrance Pathways 9am – 12pm
Join us to learn about the alternative ways our students receive conditional offers to Flinders University, through the Portfolio Accredited Tertiary Entrance (PATE) program. Connect with our students and Flinders University, to learn how your school can begin offering this opportunity for students in 2021 and beyond.
- Hear from staff and students (current and past) about their PATE experience
- Connect with the Flinders University admission pathways team
- Receive resources and support to initiate agreements, procedures and practice
- Tour, the Year 12 experience at ASMS
Innovations in STEM Curriculum & Learning Design 12:30pm – 3:30pm
This session will provide opportunities to learn more about interdisciplinary learning design for Science and Mathematics in Senior Secondary. We will share our evidenced-based, high quality teaching and learning approaches, and strategies used to monitor the impact on student engagement and learning.
- Hear about latest innovations in STEM curriculum
- See how the ASMS develops and maps STEM curriculum in the Senior Years
- Learn about pedagogies for student agency
- Tour, the Year 10 experience at ASMS
When: Date to be determined
Time: 9.00am – 3.30pm
Where: The Australian Science and Mathematics School