With the warm weather approaching, it’s a timely reminder to reiterate the ASMS Dress Code policy.
The ASMS is proud to support a culture of respect and inclusivity. With this comes a responsibility to students to choose their school clothing using the following guidelines. These have been written to incorporate both WHS and transcultural sensitivity:
- Shoes need to cover the foot whilst working in the Laboratory or Ideation Studio.
- Shoes need to have a backstrap or heel.
- Tops should cover undergarments and the midriff.
- Pants should cover undergarments and the upper thigh.
- Hair should be tied back whilst working with Laboratory or Ideation Studio equipment.
- Labels on clothing should not endorse alcohol, drugs or potentially threatening or offensive behaviour.
- Students should ensure that they and their clothes are clean and well presented.
We support students in making these choices by having one-on-one, supportive conversations when necessary, aiming to assist students in dressing appropriately for our school environment. At times we may need your support in assisting your child with their dress choices. We appreciate your cooperation with these conversations.