We encourage students to be self-directed learners, but that doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Our Learning Studies program supports you to develop all the skills they need to set clear goals, shape your own learning in line with goals and plans, monitor your progress, and evaluate your outcomes.
Each Learning Studies Group is made of up to 20 students from across years 10 to 12, who meet for 40 minutes every day with their teacher.
Your Learning Studies Teacher will:
- Be your mentor
- Assist you to plan and achieve your goals
- Be the main point of contact for all communication for students and families
Why explore Learning Studies?
- Learn organisational strategies to support you in setting goals, prioritising and reflecting on your learning.
- Focus on your health, wellbeing and neuroscience to optimise your learning.
- Cooperate with your peers in a culture that supports mentoring and collaboration.
- Self-directed learning skills and strategies
- Graduate capabilities and dispositions
- Music, Movement and Mindfulness (MMM)
- Health and Physical Education
- SACE Stage 1 Health
- The Personal Learning Plan (PLP)
- DfE Keeping Safe Curriculum
- Goal setting and career planning